– 1 1/4 cup Almond flour
– 1/4 cup Coconut flour (or use just 1 1/2 cups of Almond flour)
– 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional, but I use it often in my baking)
– 1/4 tsp salt (I use pink Himalayan salt)
– lemon juice (1 lemon)
– 1/4 cup honey (you may replace honey with Stevia)
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
– 1/4 cup egg whites
– 3 tsp Cacao nibs (you may replace it with unsweetened chocolate chips)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3 tsp unsweetened natural Cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Combine all dry ingredients (fllour, etc)
3. Add honey, egg whites, squeezed lemon juice, vanilla, chopped crystallized ginger, cacao nibs, cocoa.
4.Turn dough out onto baking sheet (lined with parchment paper!), shape a log.
5. Bake about 15 min in overn (350F)
6. Remove from the oven. Carefully slice the log into slices.
Turn them on their side and bake and bake them again BUT at 300F (decrease oven temperature) about 10-15 min.
Then flip onto other side and bake for another 10 min or so.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool.